Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life and thinking

I had to take Boomer back to the Dr today for a check up. He is getting better. Just has a lingering cough, which is not too bad. Have to finish the antibiotic and congestion, unless he gets to where he is not congested still. Which he is not at this point. But we still have to watch to make sure that allergies does not flare up again and make his asthma flare up too. A never ending battle. lol

In June my hands and fingers and shoulders started hurting. But not all at once. Well it to the point on July 3rd that I could not bend my fingers. So i went to the Dr. Well at the time my right palm was swollen so he said it was inflammation. Gave me steroid shots, told me to brace, ice and elevate it. So I did that and it was fine on the 4Th. Yesterday afternoon my left wrist and right shoulder started hurting. I was like nice.... Well I put the braces on my hands to see if that will help. It did not. I did not sleep last night. I could only lay on back with my arm to my side. If I moved or flinched I was like ahhh... s.... So it was not a good night. i finely got up at 6 and stayed up. I took some Motrin to at least see if it would help. it normally does not, but I was desperate at this point. I told Charles I did not know if I was going to do laundry. He said OK. no problem. Well my shoulder loosened up a bit where I was able to wince and do the laundry. Since Boomer had an appointment I would just make me one too and see what was going on. AKA make him tell me what I suspected for 3 months. Well I told him that my wrist hurt, my shoulder hurt and my hands/fingers hurts at least once a week sometimes 3 times a week. he informed me that I had arthritis. Which I knew that back in July. Well we had our suspicions. So he writes me a script for Celebrex. At least that is what Charles said he thought it was and I thought so too. Told me to take it for a week or two and then let him know if it helps or not. Well that will have to wait til the 19Th until Charles gets paid. But at least I know or have a dx for it and I have a script to try. I keep thinking that I will never get a break from taking medicine or get away from dxes. In the last 8 years I have been told I have 4 different things. I will be 40 i less then a month and I am wondering what the next 8 years will bring after 40. rofl No I am not stressing about being 40. It is a number, not a sentence. I mean hell people tell me that i am not old enough to have all the crap that I have and that I should be 50... Sometimes I do feel like it too. lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon Jodi. Chronic pain is the worst.