Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

At the Jr High for some time they had a poll. They asked who you would vote for and why.These are 6th to 8th graders. Well some of the answer was Barack Obama/Joe Biden, because Obama is so handsome! Some said John McCain/Sarah Palin. Because she is so pretty. OMG... This is our future and this is how they decide! We are in alot of trouble! ROFL So Boomer and two other boys got to go to the Civic Center to vote. For Social Studies. They are in modified Class. Anyways. I did not know this until Boomer came home and I seen his sticker that said "I Voted" So I asked Boomer you voted? Thinking that it was done at school Still not knowing that he went to the Civic Center to vote. I said, so Boomer who did you vote for? He tells me.. I vote for Barack Obama. I said why? He says.. You ready for this? Are you sure you are ready for this? Because he plays basketball and likes basketball! ROFL... I shook my head and told him that is not how you decide who want to vote for. You have to listen to what they say they will do and vote for the person that you think will do what he says. He say oh... sorry. But he does like basketball! roflmao

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny Jodi. Well at least he knows what he likes! LOL I think thats really neat that they took him to the Civic Center and let him vote.

Tara O said...

Great thing for a school to do...but it's this very reason Obama won this week...because our YOUTH isn't paying atttention to the facts...sigh. LOL....

Widdle Shamrock said...

My daughter voted for the first time and here we get 2 votes, candidate vote and party vote. She realised she had looked up the wrong candidates, so did eenie meenie my nie mo !!!!!