Sunday, May 18, 2008

Random Chatter

We still have some stuff to get moved in here. We will get it all here by the end of the month. It is hard with gas prices so high, my dad's truck issues, and his truck using gas. But we will get all here. We really love it here. It quiet and peaceful. You can actually hear the bird all the time. We do live right on the road. But it is not too bad. We live 15 miles west of a feedyard, so we get the traffic of the workers and the trucks. Plus this is a short cut that people take when they go to Garden City. We have alot of trees out here. Which is good, because we have alot of shade and the house stays cooler. But bad when we have bad storms. lol It is really nice to be able to sit outside and think. We are loving that too. It's been a few years since we have been able to do that. Sometimes I forget that it is 11 miles from town. You just can't run in there for something that you forgot. It normally has to wait til the next time you go. Boomer really likes it out here. He has place he can go and things he can do. Even if it is just walking around. lol He has been sleeping better since we moved out here. Which is good for when you want to sleep. lol Nobody has really mined not having cable. But we will have to get satellite soon. They will start missing it. lol There is a basketball goal out here, which he really likes. I think it is set too high. But what do I know. rofl It does keep him occupied. I have alot of cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. Which I am not used to. There is a cabinet with shelves in my room that I love. I stuff blankets and sheet up there and still have room. It goes from the floor to the ceiling. Charles has to stand on a chair to reach the top shelves. So you know it is high. We have high ceilings which is nice. There is shelves in the front room where I can put some scrapbook stuff and other stuff. We have a basement/cellar that we can use doing bad storms and to store stuff in. Charles cleaned out the garage/barn so now there is alot of room in there. Now I can go buy stuff to fill it up. ;-) We have a old teeter totter out back in the yard that is pretty cool. It is like the ones that they had school back in the old days. Charles has been at his job for 6 months. So he is off probation. Then we find out that since he change job titles. He will be on another 6 month probation. Guess every time that you change job titles, you get 6 months probation.

School will be out for the summer in 3.5 days. It does not seem possible. IT just snuck up on us. Boomer is really excited and ready for school to over with.

Here is a picture of a tree that looks like it is growing out of the deck/porch. I think it looks cool.





1 comment:

BunnyKissd said...

That tree is so cool! Now I want one... :P And you kow what? The way you're describing your move sounds just like when Jacqueline & I moved here! We're only 5-10 miles from *town* but the city we're from is a good 45 minutes away. All our family is there, so it's hard the way gas has been, to not see everyone so often... :\ but the traffic is minimal, we can hear (and see!) the birds, and we have so much room to wander! ^_^

I can't believe school will be out soon! Just a few weeks left here for us... Whatever will I do then?!