Saturday, May 27, 2006
Summer Begins.....
My summer starts off on a rocky start. LOL Wednesday Boomer got of school at noon for summer. He started running a fever of 100.1 to 100.7 all night. I gave him motrin before he went to sleep and then again in the middles of the night. He was congested and his nose ran. I got up at 9 and his nose was icky icky. So sat around for a while thinking about getting in the shower, because I had to go get my mom. My dad's work called me, said that something was not right with my dad. Needs to go to the hospital. I an yelling and throwing clothes at Boomer, telling him to get dressed and trying to get dressed, calling Charles to let him know that he may have have to go get my mom. I sped down there got him, they told me that they think he had a mini stroke. I got him to the hospital. Got him inside. I go park, put my shoes on, Boomer put his shoes on and helped him get his shirt on right. Sitting with my dad and signing paper. The Dr. comes in and Boomer says he does not feel good and want to go to the bathroom. Well he has a episode, falls, the toilet lids come down on. I lose it. I yell the Dr and he sees it for the first time. I could not breath for a while. Well now Boomer is in one room in the ER and my dad is in the other room in the Er. I am waiting for my mom and Charles to get there. The Dr calls the heart dr that is in a town a hour away doing clinical there. So they transfer my dad to see him. It could be his meds and it could be that he needs a pacemaker. They gave Boomer a shot and a script for his upper respiratory infection. Went home took a shower packed a few thing for overnight. Then my mother calls and tells me that they are transferring him to Wichita, Ks. His potassium is too high and they will have to get it down and see. Well now I have to pack for at least 3 days and get my mom and dad some things to take up there. We get there and see my dad and then go to the motel. Did a stress test on his heart it is fine. So they concluded that it was meds and will cut him back on them. Have to take meds to keep from having a stroke, but then they make you have other bad reactions. Not sure what is the best. LOL So we left at 2:00 drove to the next town. Decided that we would eat, (Charles, Boomer, Mom, Dad, Brother, Niece and I) so we stop at this Italian Bistro (Pizza Hut). We was eating and talking. My dad paid. This guy came in and was walking around, then I thought I seen him fall, but was not sure. Just watched him. Well he walked behind us and feel on the tables. We told them to call 911 and asked if they knew the guy. They said nope. Well we was trying to to keep him laying down and he wanted no part of it. So we got him in a chair. Found a necklace on him that said he was a diabetic. I did not know if it was highs or low so was not going to give him anything. He was eating the pizza that he ordered He did not know what happened. The EMT's, Fire Dept and Police got there. Told then what was what. His blood sugar was 21 and I know it was lower then that when he fell. They found his daughter and was on our way home. What a nice start to my summer. LOL Boomer feels better and so does my dad. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment